Friday, June 13, 2008

Moe Money Moe Vodka

On a Sunday morning when I was extricated from my bed by visiting guests somehow I found myself staring down at the breakfast libation from Moe's Cantina. For those who don't know Moe, this is your quintessential Wrigleyville bar complete with hot waitresses who would rather be in another profession and grown up Frat Boys reliving their uber-masculine drinking binges during all day weekend benders. Attempting to embark on a casual Sunday Bender, I kicked off my day with the only Mary who is important in my life.

Here is the Daniellian breakdown for those keeping score at home:

the taste: Ah yes, that smooth Vodka bringing back in Saturday night mode without a hitch. We are clearly dealing with mix here, but the mix is chilled helping to make the medicine go down. 3.0 on the scale and it would have been higher had the bartender wanted to stir things up and not make an alcoholic Arnold Palmer.

the texture: 5.0 on the texture. As far as mixology goes this was one part yummy and one part refreshing.

the kick: Unfortunately this libation had no bite. I like 'em spicy so the lack of umph really disappoints. 1.0 on the kick. What does a man have to do for a shake of Tabasco and a little fresh pepper...

the sight: Moe's went simple on garnishes with an olive and a lemon. I do enjoy fishing my veggies out to eat, but their creativity was lacking. 3.0 for at least seeming to have thought hard about it.

the buck: Bling Bling. Clocking in at $7.50 we aren't setting any value records for 12 ounces of beverage. Then again my waitress is trying to make a career shift so I have to be understanding. 2.5 on the value scale.

Let me reiterate, you don't go to Moe's for the service, but more for the view of the servers. Although the Bloody Mary can't hold it's own, the hostess can always hold me. Happy drinking bracketeers.

- Jason M.

Moe's Cantina
3518 N Clark
(773) 248-0002

No comments: